Granny square crochet bags are a super cute and fun crochet accessory that are both useful and stunning to own and wear! Show off your crochet talents with this awesome free crochet pattern.
Granny Square Bag Crochet Pattern
- Worsted weight yarn in two colors (color A and color B)
- Size H/8 (5mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
Gauge: 4 squares = 4"
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- Make a magic circle and ch 3 (counts as first dc).
- Work 2 dc into the circle. Ch 2.
- 3 dc into the circle. Ch 2. Repeat from * to * two more times.
- Join with a sl st to the top of the ch 3. Fasten off color A.
- Join color B with a sl st in any ch 2 space. Ch 3 (counts as first dc).
- Work 2 dc into the same ch 2 space. Ch 2.
- 3 dc into the next ch 2 space. Ch 2. Repeat from * to * two more times.
- Join with a sl st to the top of the ch 3. Fasten off color B.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for a total of 12 squares.
- To assemble the squares, lay them out in a 4x3 arrangement.
- Using color A, join the squares together by working a sc through the top of the dc stitches on both squares.
- Once all the squares are joined, work a round of sc around the entire bag.
- For the strap, ch as many as needed to reach the desired length. Sc in each ch. Fasten off and sew to the sides of the bag.
Your Granny Square Bag is now complete. Fill it with all of your essentials and show off your crochet skills to the world!