Crochet beanies are a fun and practical project for anyone who enjoys crocheting. They are a great way to keep warm during the colder months, and can be made in a variety of styles and colors to suit your personal taste. Making a crochet beanie is also a relatively quick project, so you can easily make one in a few hours or even less. Additionally, crochet beanies make great gifts for friends and family. Crochet beanies are a nice project to make because they are functional, customizable, and make great gifts - I hope you enjoy this pattern for a simple crochet beanie!
To make this crochet beanie, you will need the following materials:
- Worsted weight yarn in the color of your choice (approx. 100-150 yards)
- Size H (5 mm) crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- ch = chain
- st = stitch
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- Start by chaining multiple of 2 + 1 (for example, if you want a small beanie, you can chain 19). Join the chain with a sl st to form a loop. This loop should fit around the head comfortably.
- In the loop, ch 1 and then make a sc in each ch st around. Join with a sl st in the first st.
- Ch 2 and then make a dc in each st around. Join with a sl st in the first st.
- Repeat step 3 until your beanie reaches the desired height.
- To close the top of the beanie, begin to decrease the number of stitches on each round by making a dc2tog (double crochet two stitches together) at the beginning and end of each round.
- Once you have reached a small enough number of stitches, cut the yarn, leaving a long tail, and use your yarn needle to weave the tail through the remaining stitches. Pull tight to close the top of the beanie.
- Weave in any remaining ends and your crochet beanie is ready to wear!
Your crochet beanie is now complete! You can add additional rounds if you want the beanie to be longer, or add embellishments such as pom-poms or stripes. Enjoy your new beanie!
P.S. - Check out the next blog post to see how to make the mini heart applique!